Our Fraud Detection System monitors your debit card transactions 24/7 for suspicious activity. If potentially fraudulent transactions are detected on your card account, we'll contact you immediately by phone, text message or mail.
What we look for
- Purchases that fall outside your normal buying patterns
- Purchases made at times or locations that are unusual for you
- Purchases that match known fraud trends
- If a cell phone number is on file we will contact you by text alert if you enrolled in Crest Savings Bank's Fraud Alerts. (Beginning September 12, 2017)
- For those who don't have a cell phone on file or have opted out of text alerts, you may be contacted by the primary phone number on file.
- If we are unable to reach you by text or phone, we will send a notification by mail.
How Two Way Text alerts work (Beginning September 12, 2017)
- If a transaction(s) appears suspicious we will send you a text message to your mobile device, usually within minutes, asking if the transaction(s) is fraudulent.
- Example Text: Crest Savings Bank Fraud Alert: Did you attempt transaction on credit card ending 0000 at Merchant in NJ for $25.62? Reply YES or NO.
- Simply reply "Yes" or "No" letting us know if the transaction(s) is fraudulent. Based on your reply, you will receive one of these messages:
- If you reply “Yes”
- Crest Savings Bank: Thank you for your response. We'll continue to monitor your card for unusual activity.
- If you reply “No”:
- Crest Savings Bank: You've indicated an unauthorized charge on your card ending in xxxx. A temporary hold may have been placed on your card. Pls call immediately 1-000-555-0000.
- Reply "STOP" at any time to discontinue mobile fraud alerts.
What you need to know
- Beginning September 12, 2017, an initial enrollment text will be sent to your mobile device Example Text: Crest Savings Bank Fraud Alerts. Reply YES to enroll. Reply HELP for help, STOP to cancel. Msg & Data Rates May Apply.
- If you reply “Yes”, you will receive the following text: Crest Savings Bank Fraud Alerts. Thank you for enrolling. Reply HELP for help, STOP to cancel. Msg & Data Rates May Apply.
- If you reply “Stop” you will discontinue text alerts.
- If you do not reply the fraud department will call your mobile device. If still no response a letter will be mailed to your home.
Help us protect you
- Keep contact information up to date including your mailing address, mobile number, email and home phone number.
- Never share personal account information – Crest Savings Bank or its affiliates will never request sensitive account information via text message or email. Don't provide your SSN, account number(s), card PIN, mailing address, etc.
CardValet is ideal for cardholders who want to proactively manage their debit card accounts through their smart phone.
Benefits of CardValet
- When your card is "off," no withdrawals or purchases will be approved
- Real-time alerts keep you informed when your card is used or declined
- Transaction controls allow your card to work only in specific locations or geographic areas
- Set spending limits for general use or specify thresholds by merchant types, such as gas, groceries or retail stores
- Establish controls by location and change parameters via your mobile device
- Use transaction controls for merchant codes, locations and thresholds to ensure employee spending adheres to company policies
Getting started is easy. Simply download the CardValet app to your mobile device then customize usage settings and alert preferences.